Sew: diy play stand buntings
Sew your own play stand flag style bunting, pennant style bunting, awning and curtains.
I've included patterns down below for 25" wide play stand buntings.
Each bunting has velcro on the back which makes it super easy to switch up:
For the post office I sewed together 3" wide x 75" long strips of red, white and blue to make a swag:
And the theater red velvet curtains are 12 1/2" w x 17"l each, velcro on one short end and extra velcro tabs 4" from the bottom to hold the curtains open:
If you're curious about the making the actual play stand we've got you covered.
Ana White made plans here, it's a super simple build and would make a great gift:
How to make play stand bunting:
** Apply medium weight fusible interfacing to wrong side of fabric for added stiffness.**
Market style awning:
1. Cut 6 and sew down straight portion of side seams only:
2. Press under 1/4" raw edge of curved portion then top stitch from front:
3. To add velcro press down 1/2" of top raw edge and sew velcro in place:
1. Cut 7 triangular pennants:
2. Fold in 1/2" on both long sides and top stitch:
3. Cut 25" piece of velcro and pin pennants in place evenly spaced:
4. Sew grosgrain ribbon over top raw edge through velcro:
Sweet treats bunting:
1. Cut 5 flag style pieces, fold under 1/2" on all edges except top and top stitch.
2. Cut 25" piece of velcro and pin flags spacing evenly with grosgrain ribbon on top:
3. Cut pom poms from fringe trim:
4. Hand stitch pom pom in place at points of flag:
The complete play stand post with plans and tutorial is here, a huge thanks to Ana for making the plans free and available to everyone.
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework