Paint: wood sled Christmas countdown advent calendar
Using a store bought wood sled I added two giant hooks and 24 handpainted numbers on thin hobby wood to make this wood sled Christmas advent calendar:
A fun tradition for kids to enjoy in anticipation of the big day.
You could paint any design or even personalize it with your last name, I added this holly on the front piece:
How to make a wood sled Christmas countdown:
1. Purchase a ready made craft wood sled.
2. For the wood number tags I used 3/32" thick basswood (from a craft/hobby shop) at 4"w x 24"l:
3. Cut the basswood into 5" lengths x 24 pieces:
4. Mark the position of the wood numbers and drill holes for hooks.
I used 1/4" x 4 1/2"l clothesline hooks.
5. Screw hook into position with nuts on either side and some E6000 glue:
6. Now that the hooks are in place drill matching holes into wood number pieces, make a template:
7. To paint the wood numbers print out your numbers to fit.
Using a ballpoint pen and heavy pressure trace around the numbers:
The pressure of the pen leaves an indent in the wood:
8. Paint on and inside the indent:
9. Same process for lettering.
Print out lettering to fit sled area:
20. Trace with ballpoint pen and heavy pressure:
21. Paint on and inside the indent:
22. Stain the sled, Minwax golden oak.
Add details if desired:
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework