Craft: doily birthday banner
An easy to make birthday banner using paper doilies and cardstock.
I made the doily banner with dark brown cardstock to complete the dessert table:
The doilies are inexpensive and add a pretty feminine touch with little effort.
To hang the banner I tacked each ribbon to the outside of the window molding:
How to make a doily birthday banner:
1. Print out letters to fit. I used Ariel Black font at 175 point.
Choose outline print only in a very pale shade of brown, no fill:
(The ink is very faint on purpose which is why you can barely see the letters in this picture.)
2. Cut out letters, use an exacto knife to get the inner parts:
3. Cut circles from brown cardstock to fit just inside doily.
Using a glue stick attach letter to brown circle and then onto doily:
4. Make two 1/2" vertical slits near the top of each letter all the way through the brown cardstock and doily:
5. Slide the doily letter onto your ribbon:
I'm linking up to:
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework