A quick side table makeover for a round game table in our family room.
A friend had given me this little round side table in an all over dark brown finish. I needed to refinish the top and decided I would tackle the entire piece.
I painted the base with Annie Sloan Old Ochre chalk paint, stripped the top surface, painted navy stars all around and sealed with 3 coats of satin poly:
This round side table is the perfect addition to our family room.
I can honestly say it gets used every single day by my kids and myself.
How to makeover a side table with star detail:
1. Use kwik strip liquid stripper to remove existing stain and poly.
Let the chemical do the work and then scrap off with a putty knife:
2. Sand to a smooth finish:
3. For the base paint on 2 coats Annie Sloan Old Ochre chalk paint:
4. Sand to distress then seal with clear wax:
5. For the stair detail print out a 2" star, determine placement along edge of table and trace using ballpoint pen:
The pressure of the pen creates an indent in the wood:
6. To get equidistance placement of the stars start by doing four corners:
7. Then equal spacing in between:
8. Paint on and inside the indent from the tracing:
9. Seal the top with 3 coats of Minwax clear satin polycrylic sanding in between coats: