Paint: personalized dish towels
How to handpaint onto dish towels without using stencils or vinyl.
Any font, any size.
A single monogram or the full last name:
Make these personalized dish towels using any font, in any size and a little acrylic craft paint.
They are the perfect hostess gift, wedding gift or anytime gift.
How to handpaint dish towels:
1. Purchase cotton dish towels, I used Ikea Tekla dish towels.
Print out your desired lettering, below I used American Typewriter font at 150 point:
2. Fold the print out in half to find the middle of the lettering.
Fold the towel in half to find the middle:
3. Pin the print out behind the towel in the desired position.
Place the lettering portion over a light box:
4. Using a small brush and red acrylic paint carefully fill in the letters:
5. It's the same process for any font, below I used Monogram KK at 300 point:
6. For the 3 letter monogram paint the larger center letter first, then align the side letters:
These towels can be washed just as you would normally, if the paint is very thick it might show some cracking but otherwise they wash great.
I'm linking up to:
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework