Build: diy nightstand
Build this handsome nightstand with free plans from Ana White here.
This nightstand has very masculine lines and a campy feel, it fits perfectly in my son's bedroom.
The lamp is from Ikea - Ranarp work lamp.
Tons of storage with two big drawers and I used basic pulls from Home Depot.
Inspired by Pottery Barn Kids Owen nightstand:
This diy version will cost just about $100 in supplies, I used nearly all scraps I found in my stash so my costs were very minimal.
How to build a handsome nightstand:
1. Follow Ana's plans here and cut lumber.
2. Begin by making pocket holes with your Kreg jig in side panels:
3. Construct side panels using 1x2 trim on front, screw down from exterior (the screw heads will be hidden under the lath trim):
4. Attach legs to side panels.
5. Make pocket holes with your Kreg jig into horizontal 2x2 supports:
6. Attach all 6 supports to one side panel:
7. Then add other side panel:
8. Attach lath trim using a finish nailer - I have a very simple Ryobi nailer/stapler but it does the job.
9. Attach the back:
10. And finally the top:
11. Ana suggests adding a support piece under the 1/4" plywood top. After getting the top on I decided it would be best to add the support:
12. Finish with stain, I used Minwax 1 part weathered oak and 1 part provincial:
13. Seal with 3 coats Minwax clear satin polyurethane.
14. Build drawers and install drawer glides:
15. Mark the drawer front for holes for the handle pull:
16. Position the drawer front using a 1/8" spacer (and glue), insert finish nails in between the marks for the screws:
17. Remove the drawer and secure drawer front from interior by countersinking 1 1/4" screws:
18. Attach handle pulls and ready to use.
This post is not sponsored by any company, all opinions and thoughts are my own.
I'm linking up to:
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework