Mudroom hooks: how to install
How to install a row of hooks onto a board in your mudroom.
I say the more hooks the better!
When D.Lawless Hardware offered to partner with me on project I could not refuse and now you see why. With 3 kids coming and going our back door gets tons of use and these hooks are the perfect spot for all their gear.
Classic, simple and very functional.
If you're in the market for hardware you must check D.Lawless for all your hardware needs.
Their selection is wonderful and prices really can't be beat.
Have some wall space near your main entry? Consider adding boards and hooks.
It's an easy tool to keep your family organized AND it looks good too!
How to install mudroom hooks:
1. Purchase a 1x4 #2 pine board, they come in 6', 8' and 10' lengths.
Measure the space between the door and wall and cut your board to fit:
2. Prime and paint one coat on the boards:
3. Determine the height where you want the boards on the wall.
Using a stud finder mark the stud locations on the wall AND on the boards:
4. Use a countersink bit to predrill holes into your boards at the stud locations:
5. Apply construction adhesive to back of board:
6. Using #8 - 2 1/2" wood screws start by attaching the middle most screw.
Use a level to ensure the board is straight:
7. Screw in remaining screws into the studs.
8. Use chaulking to fill in the gaps between the moulding and your boards for a seamless look:
9. Putty over the screw heads and sand smooth:
10. Paint one final coat on the boards.
11. Begin installing the hooks, start with the middle hook and mark the holes with a pencil:
12. Predrill the holes:
13. Attach hook to board using screws (supplied with hook).
14. Move onto the end hooks:
15. Then fill in the gap, measure to center the last 2 hooks between the middle and end.
Disclosure: I was supplied with D.Lawless Hardware product for this project.
All opinions are my own.
I'm linking up to:
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework