Looking for an easy to make party favor?
Portable tic tac toe game made with wood scraps.
*** CHOKING HAZARD: NOT SUITABLE FOR TODDLERS ***
How to make tic tac toe party favors:
1. Use a 1x4 scrap cut at 3 1/2" long.
Draw the grid using the dimensions below, dimensions are the same both vertical and horizontal.
Use a 3/4" spade bit and make a hole at the center of each box:
2. Mark the spade bit with tape as a stopper to prevent you from drilling all the way through the wood:
3. Cut 10 - 3/4" dowel pieces at 2 1/2" long:
Spray paint 5 pieces one color and 5 pieces another color.
4. To make the storage bag cut a piece of drop cloth 8"w x 18"l. Print out the lettering (I used American Typewriter font). Fold drop cloth in half and determine where you want lettering, mark with pins:
5. Pin the print out behind the drop cloth and line up to your pins.
Place everything on top of a lightbox:
6. Using black acrylic craft paint and a small brush paint the lettering:
7. Fold drop cloth in half right sides together and sew sides seams closed (I also zig zag stitched the raw edges to prevent fraying.):
8. Turn down raw edge of opening 1/2" and press:
9. Turn down opening generous 1/2" again and press:
10. Sew turned down edge scant 1/2" from finished opening:
11. Use a seam ripper to make hole for string:
12. Zig zag stitch tightly at top and bottom of cord opening.
Attach safety pin to end of cording:
13. Thread cording around and back out same opening.
Tie ends together and knot, melt cut ends of cording.
I'm linking up to:
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework