Paint: wood knob place cards
Make these simple place card holders using wood knobs and a little gold spray paint to add some glam to your Spring table.
Those red cabinets in our kitchen are getting a serious makeover and the first thing to go are the wood knobs.
Spray painted gold and now they're little golden nuggets that work perfectly as place card holders:
I'll be using them as food table labels for a first communion party in the next few weeks.
How to make painted knob place cards:
1. Predrill hole in center top of knob:
2. Select desired paint, I used gold spray paint, and paint the knobs:
3. Wrap masking tape around plier teeth so as not to scratch or mar the paperclip coating.
Using pliers unbend the paperclip to a straight shape:
4. Grasp one end of the straight paperclip in the pliers and wrap in a circular motion around the plier teeth:
5. Determine desired height of paper clip holder:
And cut off excess if necessary:
6. Stick end of paperclip into E-6000 adhesive then shove down into predrilled hole in knob:
I'm linking up to:
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework