Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"R" is for Round 2: Paint & I'm Out

My short stint as a contestant on Creating With the Stars is over.

The project I created for Round 2 is this family refreshments station:

The boxes are made entirely from scrap plywood and copper pipes the previous owner of our home had left in the basement.

I'm feeling a little deflated but honored to have participated and challenged in a new way, it has definitely changed how I look at design and styling.
Thank you to everyone who voted and supported the contest.

I also made the sign above the station out of wood scraps.

I will share the full tutorials on both the boxes and how I constructed the station and the sign in the coming weeks.

Until then back to my regular projects. :)

A huge thank you to my star Beckie from Infarrantly Creative, I couldn't have asked for a better mentor and partner.  She helped me see things in a new light, especially in regards to styling and pushed me to really create a finished look.  I'm forever grateful to Beckie for all her time (and texts!)

I'm linking up to:

The 36th Avenue

Nifty Thrity Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
Inspiration Exchange @ City Farmhouse
SAS @ Funky Junk
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming


Our Pinteresting Family said...

I loved this and inpuxked your project again when I voted. I'm sorry you are out of the competition. You are so talented. :)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

congrats for even just being part of it! :) awesome work!

Mrs. Squirrel said...

I really loved your project -- I don't think it was your time to go (if ever!!)! Keep being awesome!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

I'm sorry, Jaime! I can, of course, totally commiserate 😞

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

That's the one I voted! Pity it didn't win. It was very beautiful!AriadnefromGreece!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

It's a beautiful project and I'm sort you didn't make it on. I always love your projects - and this is no exception! Awesome job on the competition and the first week win!

Diana Trotter said...

You did amazing work on both projects, congrats on being in the top 9. Looking forward to staying connected and reading your blog :)

Wangu said...

I love your refreshments bar project. It's great! Being out doesn't mean much, getting in says a lot more, how many tried but didn't make it?
You are so talented, I'm sure in the next season there will be steam coming out of your projects.. you know, because of how hot they'll be :)

Heather said...

I love your work. Great job on this - and it may be a blessing that you've gotten your life back so early on in the competition. :)