Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Sideboard Makeover

Popping in with a quick makeover of this giant sideboard I built back in February.  As you can see I originally left the wood natural only sealing it with clear polyurethane but I always knew it needed some color.

I mixed equal parts of two Americana Decor chalky finish colors together to get the most beautiful midnight blue that really helps the copper hardware stand out:

The wood was beautiful before but in this situation I think it's even better painted:

Americana Decor chalky paint is extremely user friendly, I didn't even move the sideboard out of the room.  I removed the long copper pipe pieces and covered the remaining hardware with tape then did quick light sanding of the polyurethane that was previously applied.

I took both pots of paint and mixed them in one larger bucket then applied the paint using a foam roller:

After the paint is dry seal everything with clear wax then buff it out.

This sideboard has TONS of great storage.  The plans to build your own are here.

Disclaimer:  I was provided product and/or compensation from DecoArt for this post however all thoughts and opinions are my own.

I'm linking up to:

TDC Before and After


Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

LOVE the new color- gorgeous!

Cristina Garay said...

GORGEOUS! The color indeed makes the beautiful hardware stand out, lovely!

Kelli Fox said...

It's just beautiful! I love the color you have chosen :)

Shanice Bannis said...

Awesome post! I would love to invite you to my new link party The Beautifully Creative Inspired. The party launched on Friday and will continue every Fridays at 9AM eastern time on 5 BLOGS! It runs until Wednesday night :D Hope you can party with us!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I loved the piece before but it's just stunning now. The dark color really highlights it - and makes those copper pulls pop.

Debbie Gabura said...

Love this colour! Where is this product sold? Im in Canada, I know Micheals carries the smaller paint do they also carry the larger pots? I have a largish china cabinet/hutch I'm wanting to paint with chalk paint.

All Things Big and Small said...

Love how your sideboard turned out! That copper color with the dark paint underneath looks so sharp! Found your blog via the Thrifty Decor Chick link up! I have some serious blog stalking to do! Your home looks lovely!

Annie- All Things Big and Small