Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Color Stain Dresser Makeover

Dresser makeover using color stain

Wood purists avert your eyes because this dresser makeover using color stain is coming at you.  I had the chance to try Deco Art Americana Decor color stain and I thought what better place to add some color than my girls bedroom.  So I took the 16 drawer dresser I just built and used the color stain in kelly green, it's fun and bright and one of a kind.

unfinished 16 drawer dresser

Before it was unfinished pine and birch plywood just waiting for a finish. 

And now it's kelly green but you can still see a little bit of the wood grain peeking through the stain.  The stain is semi-transparent so tons of color but the wood will still be visible: 

Dresser makeover using color stain

The color stain is very easy to work with and much more controllable than a regular stain.  It's thick but still workable and has great coverage even with one coat.

color stain on unfinished pine

I did go back over in some spots with another coat just to even things up a bit.  Also the stain is self sealing so there's no need for a top coat.

Below you can truly see the difference in the before and after:

Dresser makeover using color stain
An easy way to add tons of color and character to any wood piece while not having to worry about brush strokes and dripping paint.  I definitely recommend trying Deco Art Americana Decor color stain, it's available in 21 colors at select JoAnn Fabric stores and good for indoor and outdoor use.

diy 16 drawer dresser free plans

Disclaimer:  This post is sponsored by Deco Art. I was compensated and / or provided product for review however all thoughts, opinions and creative ideas are my own.


Amy Baesler said...

Oh my goodness, love the color!!! I need to try that stuff.

Anika Kumar said...

That green is simple awesome!! Its like the perfect color!! Love how the dresser turned out.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I just love this color! There's just something about green. perfect for the piece.