Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Habitat Coffee Table Free Plans

diy coffee table

A beautifully simple coffee table to share with you today including the free plans to build your own.  

diy coffee table

I'm working with a team of bloggers on a Habitat for Humanity project whereby we are furnishing an entire home in Connecticut for a nice little family.  This coffee table will go in their living room along with a few other pieces I've been working on.

habitat for humanity project Connecticut

We spent a day working on the house back in March but the real transformation will happen when all the furniture, decor and accessories get in place in a few short weeks.  For now I'm sharing the coffee table from my backyard because I'm not certain I will be able to get good pictures on delivery day.

diy coffee table

Plans follow down below.  

This coffee table is solid and I mean super solid kids can jump on it (probably not recommended but I know these kids climb all over anything).  

diy coffee table

I opted for a painted finish for two reasons 1) paint hides a lot of flaws in the wood, especially because I used studs and 2) I know the sofa is brown so I'm hoping this lighter paint will offset the heaviness of the sofa.

diy coffee table

diy coffee table

There's tons of surface area at 48"l x 33"w and the additional shelf below provides plenty of storage.

diy coffee table

I don't care what anyone says, studs are beautiful.

diy coffee table

diy coffee table

Want to build your own coffee table?  I do!  Be sure to read through all the steps prior to beginning and always follow all safety precautions when operating power tools.

diy coffee table free plans


diy coffee table free plans


Just a tip - I opted to keep the base pocket holes facing upwards as they will be covered by the base slats.  Anytime you can completely hide the pocket holes is a win in my book.

diy coffee table free plans

diy coffee table free plans

When attaching the top I suggest clamping it in place for a tight, snug fit.

diy coffee table free plans

diy coffee table free plans

Even unfinished this coffee table is steller.  If you do build this version please be sure to share on social media and tag me, I want to see your creativity!

Follow me on social media for more project ideas and sneak peeks:


diy coffee table free plans
I'm linking up to:

2 comments:

Julie Spear said...

Another awesome furniture build, Jaime! Thanks for sharing these great plans! The table is BEAUTIFUL!

Hallie said...

How exactly did you attach the bottom slats? Did you use a nail gun?