Friday, January 27, 2017

DIY Mini Clipboard Valentines

I'm always on the prowl to make simple and easy valentines for my kids classmates and this year I decided on these mini clipboards.  They are a super simple DIY project that requires very little supplies and can be used later for a cute photo or other notepad paper.

diy mini clipboard valentines

Let's just say I'm definitely not the wittiest person so I came up with 'let's clip together' in reference to the binder clip.  But honestly I like to think of it as a play off of 'let's get together, yeah, yeah, yeah' -Hayley Mills was a favorite of mine growing up.

diy mini clipboard valentines

Back to the project.  This DIY mini clipboard valentine is perfect all by itself but you could add candy or a cute little paper pad or a fun photo.


diy mini clipboard valentines

I used 1x4 scrap wood but you could go bigger, 1x6 would be nice or even 1x8.  Just be sure to sand well as with anything.

diy mini clipboard valentines
These small binder clips we already red, you can get them in all different colors or spray paint the clip portion to match your project.

I'll show you down below how to make a mini clipboard valentine

diy mini clipboard valentines

diy mini clipboard valentines

 Supplies:

  • 1x4 scrap wood (or larger)
  • binder clips
  • 1/2" lath screws
  • drill
  • sandpaper
  • clear poly

diy mini clipboard valentines

Step 1: Cut scrap wood pieces to size.  I used 1x4 cedar scraps cut to 6" then sanded well and sealed with clear poly.

diy mini clipboard valentines

Step 2: Mark the center of the wood board and at least 1/2" from top edge.  Unfold binder clip metal clamps as pictured.  Drill lath screw down into wood to hold one side of metal clip in place.

Print your valentine message and attach a little candy.

diy mini clipboard valentines

Hope you have a beautiful Valentine's Day with love all around!

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I was looking for something my kids could make for their teachers, male/female. I am having a picture taken of them with their teacher, printing it our and clipping to the board. I hope you are okay with me using your idea and making it for a teacher Valentine gift.

    Thank you.

    Kathlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vos partages me plaient beaucoup! C'est super!!!
    voyance par mail rapide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute! I find this idea really adorable. Hope it is fine if I use this. Thanks a bunch. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete